For a stress-free move, it is very important to know how to pack things well. Good packing will not only lessen the energy to be consumed in moving but will also protect your possession during the activity. To help you pack, here are sydney packing tips.
See our Sydney Packing Tips below for best packing practices:
- You can start packing things that are out-of-season. Since you will not be using these stuff at the moment, then you can start packing them up a month or couple of weeks before the moving date so one step at a time. Then next, pack up things that are not used so frequently and the last ones on or before the date of moving.
- Can keep clothes including towels, bedding or anything soft on drawers so no need to unpack them when moved but drawers with breakables or spillables need to be empties since these might damage other things during the shipment.
- Create e list of things that needed unpacking first and label the boxes accordingly. Include also the destination rooms of each boxes for faster unpacking.
- For delicate items, like fine china or crystal, wrap these items individually in clean paper; use tissue paper, paper towels or even facial tissue. Colored wrapping draws attention to very small things.
- Put some layer of crushed paper in the bottom of a carton for cushioning.
- Make sure to put the heaviest items at the bottom, medium weight then the lightest items on top.
- As each layer is completed, fill in empty spaces firmly with crushed paper and add more crushed paper to make a level base for the next layer, or use sheets or cardboard cut from cartons as dividers.
- Cushion well with crushed paper; towels and lightweight blankets also may be used for padding and cushioning.